Saturday 10 September 2016

Take Time to Stop & Smell the Roses



We've all probably heard "Slow down and smell the roses". Well seems like this has never been something that I've enjoyed doing. I've turned into my father running all the time and never slowing down even when I'm not feeling well.



After about a month of feeling bad and only getting worse Linda finally made me go see a doctor on Tuesday afternoon. Of course the doctor requested more tests (which I hated) at the clinic.


Then came the worst part.... I had to listen to Linda tell me...."I told you so" and only like a wife can after the doctor told me what was wrong however, in the end, I'm glad I went.


Found out the wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath and pressure in my chest was not normal. Chest x-rays showed that I had pneumonia and it didn't help that I've been out of my asthma medications.


I've only been on the meds for three days but I can already start to feel a difference. Thank you to all those who care enough to force me stop every now and then to smell the roses.