Friday, 21 April 2017
Monday, 10 April 2017
Wednesday, 5 April 2017
From the Mayors Desk
Election Day has come and gone and after the smoke cleared it appears that in May Sauk Village will have a new Mayor, new Clerk and four new Trustees.
Congratulations to all those that were elected last night.
Mayor Elect Burgess
Clerk –Elect Campbell-Pruitt
Trustees – Elect
As I stated prior to being elected Mayor……."I would do some things that the residents would like and some things that they wouldn’t". The same holds true for the new board.
This election was tough and divisive however, I ask residents and supporters to give the new board the respect you provided me. The new board will face many challenges on top of the learning curve for the newly elected (first timers).
Now that the elections are over and whether your candidates won or lost let’s all agree not only to stay engaged but to push ourselves to do even better. It’s time to put our feelings and differences aside and work together to keep Sauk Village moving forward while always remembering, that it’s ok to disagree but not be disagreeable.
In closing, if your candidates won, congratulations and enjoy the victory. If your candidates did not win, remember what President Obama said during this last Presidential election “no matter what happens the sun will rise in the morning”.
Mayor David A. Hanks
Monday, 3 April 2017
When it comes to the major issues in Sauk Village (see following bullet points) Burgess has voted against any positive growth for the last eight years in efforts to destroy our community just so he could have talking points and issues to campaign on during each of his attempts to become Mayor.
During this administration Burgess voted against the following key issue
- Burgess was against the Public Safety Director
- Burgess was against a Qualified / Professional Police Chief
- Burgess voted against Police Department Collective Bargaining Unit Agreements
- Burgess is not concerned with reducing or eliminating crime.
- Burgess is only concerned in raising residents rates and increasing code enforcement with thoughts that he'll raise revenue by going after law abiding residents instead of the criminal
- Burgess chaired the Lake Michigan Water Committee and never brought one suggestion or project to the village board
- Burgess is now campaigning for Lake Michigan Water however, as Trustee changed the name of his Lake Michigan Committee to the Public Works Committee after complaining that the Mayor gave him a committee that he could do nothing with and that Lake Michigan Water was a dead issue
- Burgess voted against road and side walk infrastructure improvements while chairing the Public Works committee
- Burgess voted against inter-governmental agreements which would have saved village residents on current and future infrastructure projects
- Economic Development
- While Burgess chaired the Economic Development Committee
- Local business left Sauk Village because of Burgess non-friendly business approach and lack of willingness to work with local businesses
- Burgess voted against providing tax incentives to recruit or retain business in Sauk Village. To name a few
- Advance Auto
- Dunkin Donuts
- Village Finances
- Burgess campaigns on paying our bills and reducing the aging report however,
- Burgess has voted against paying employees
- Burgess has voted against paying vendors
- Burgess has voted against annual budgets
- Burgess inter-circle/personal advisors (Joe Wiszowaty, campaign manager/political advisor and Bernice Brewer-Houston, running mate) are bitter people that have made it their effort to destroy Sauk Village financially through litigation, print and social media. These two individuals have cost the tax payers of Sauk Village more than $62K in litigation and $50K in administration cost.....More than a $112,000.00
In closing, Burgess is out of touch with Sauk Village residents
What Sauk Village residents can expect under a Burgess administration
- Big Talk......No Plan.....No Acton
- Increased Debt
- Higher Taxes
- Increased fees against the law abiding citizens
- Increased litigation due to his lack of knowledge