Sauk Village Administrator \ Public Safety Director Report
April 12, 2016
URC Reported Crime:
For the 1st Quarter of 2016, URC reportable crime is down 57% over the same period last year.
- The Village’s master vacant list (as of April 12, 2016) shows 427 vacant homes:
- Vacant - 383 houses
- Vacant/Occupied - 36 houses
- Demo list - 8 houses
Scavenger Contract Update:
- The vender has not yet completed its accounting of residential homes (minus vacant housing).
- For the 1st Quarter of 2016 the Village has collected $30,706.73 or 10.87% more than the same period a year ago. (This equates to a 2016 projection of approximately $122,826.92 in additional annual water revenues.)
- Staff Recommendation for Village Police Tow penalties be set aside by ordinance in a dedicated fund for Police vehicle purchases or related costs has been prepared by our attorneys and is being reviewed by the SVPD.
- Staff Recommendation for Vehicles found on property identified by the Village as Vacant be stickered, ticketed and towed by the SVPD within 48 hours is still under review by our attorneys.
- Staff recommendation for “After Hours Turn on Fee” be increased to $250, “Before Hours Turn on Fee” be increased to $200. This proposal has been prepared by our attorneys and sent to the Public Works Committee on 4/11/16 for recommendation.
- Staff Recommendation for request not to exceed $15,000 to update the “Civic” computer system on all financial components of the Village has been completed by our attorneys and sent to the Finance Committee on 4/12/16.
- 50% of collected debt derived from water/sewer/disposal and utility taxes shall be set aside in a reserve fund for the purchase of Public Works Vehicles or related capital cost is still under review by our attorneys.
- Owens Group has completed its 1st review of the Employees’ Handbook and will meeting with me for a 2nd review on Wednesday 4/13/16.
- Staff continues to review employee insurance coverage and interviewing insurance groups to assure that Sauk Village is receiving the best coverage at a competitive cost. Staff will make a proposal to the Board prior to the Village’s annual budget.
Budget:The Mayor, Finance Director and I are finalizing the 2015/16 annual budget and will be presenting it to Board soon.