Friday 29 April 2016

Plant a Tree on Arbor Day - Friday, April 29




The Illinois Tollway is committed to minimizing the environmental impacts of its roadways by adopting wetland improvement and landscaping projects with local and regional benefits. As part of this effort, the Tollway is partnering with The Morton Arboretum to enhance aesthetics and expand tree canopy coverage within Tollway system, including the planting of 58,000 trees.


The Tollway will celebrate the new partnership on Arbor Day by offering 15,000 tree seedlings to customers at the Tollway's Downers Grove headquarters and at all seven oases from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Friday, April 29.


Tree species include Bur Oak, Red Oak, Shagbark Hickory, Hackberry and Shingle Oak. Tree seedlings and planting instructions will be available at the following locations:


I-90 Mile Post 24 Belvidere Oasis
I-90 Mile Post 74.5 Des Plaines Oasis - Eastbound Only at the 7-Eleven
I-94 Mile Post 18 Lake Forest Oasis
I-294 Mile Post 38 O'Hare Oasis
I-294 Mile Post 25 Hinsdale Oasis
I-294 Mile Post 1 Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis
I-88 Mile Post 93 DeKalb Oasis
     
 2700 Ogden Ave. Tollway Headquarters, Downers Grove



Stop in and pick up your tree seedling on Arbor Day.