URC Reported Crime:
Year to date reported UCR crime is 50% lower than UCR crime reported for the same period a year ago.
- The Village’s master vacant list (updated 7/26/16) shows 411 vacant homes:
- Vacant 392 houses
- *Vacant/Occupied 19 houses
* (no water account or occupancy - down from 88)
Scavenger Contract Update:
As I stated at a previous Board meeting, Sauk Village failed to execute the terms of its contractual agreement with Republic Scavenger Service. Its failure to execute those terms (adjustments of annual rate increases and failure to providing accurate housing counts) resulted in non-payment of services to the vender of $422,424.00
Months ago, when I found out about these deficiencies, and made the necessary corrections. I have also been meeting with the vender in an attempt to bring this matter to a fair and equable solution for both parties. After considerable negotiations to avoid a cut-off of service, the vender has agreed to forgive the full debt owed by the Village in exchange for a new 10 year agreement that will provide exact language spelling out each party’s obligations. The vender has asked to appear at the Boards 8/16 Committee of the Whole meeting to present the terms of the new contract.
- Staff has completed the necessary paperwork for Cook County for no cash bid applications on three (3) land parcels in TIF #4. Petitions for tax deeds will be filed by the end of June. It is expected that this matter will be resolved in favor of the Village in January of 2017
- Owens Group has completed the Employees’ Handbook and is in the final stages of completing the Sauk Village personnel manual. A presentation will be ready for the Board in mid-September
- The Police Department is in the process of stripping police vehicles that will be disposed of.