Senior Buyer ($50,000.00 - $60,000.00 Annually) Deadline to apply 4/5/17
· A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Two to five years of progressive experience in the procurement of goods, supplies, equipment, and services in a large organizational setting is strongly preferred.
· CPSM, CPP, CPPB, CPPM, CSCP, and/or CPPO certifications are strongly desired.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and procurement information systems is required.
· Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to work on multiple projects while assuming a lead role in the area of contract administration inclusive of developing specifications are required.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Ability to interact effectively with various levels of management and to communicate well with staff and vendors is required.
· Ability to write contract specifications in a clear and concise manner from sources ranging from non-existent to overly detailed is required.
· Experience and involvement with Tollway contract documents is preferred.
· Experience in participating with vendor negotiations is preferred.
· High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
· Associates Degree is preferred. A minimum of 5 years management experience leading a team of technicians or operations staff is required.
· Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
· A minimum of 5 years of Field Operations experience with fiber optics systems, land mobile radio, data communications, antennas and transmission lines, and large communications and telephone systems analysis and troubleshooting.
· Experience in developing and managing multiple project plans concurrently is required.
· FCC General Radio & Telephone License or equivalent (i.e. ETA, APCO, ISCET) preferred.
· Knowledge of FAA requirements regarding Communication Tower Structures preferred.
· Must have a working knowledge of computer based systems, Microsoft Excel and Project. Must have the ability to work rotating shifts.
· Must have the ability to work overtime as required including during off hours / holidays / weekends.
· Must participate in 24x7x365 scheduled support rotation Must carry Tollway issued cellphone for on-call support and for response to calls/incidents before or after shift hours / weekends / holidays.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds
· Candidate must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
NEW UPDATE TO APPLICATION PROCESS:
As of September 10, 2014, the Tollway began using an on-line application system to assist prospective and current employees in the job application process. This system will allow users to create an individual account create and maintain a profile of education, experience and certifications, identify job interest categories, search for open positions, and submit job applications. This system will automatically notify users of recently posted jobs based on the job interest categories chosen.
For the employee to be notified of open positions and submit applications, this system requires the user to have an email account. This could be either a personal account (i.e. gmail, yahoo) or getipass.com account.
To apply for a posted position or to create a “Job Interest Card,” applicants should visit the Tollway’s website, www.illinoistollway.com.
Completed applications may be mailed to the Tollway or dropped off in person at the agency’s Downers Grove headquarters between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. All applications must be received within the dates indicated on the job posting.
Illinois Tollway Employment Applications can also be completed on our on-line application system which can be found at www.illinoistollway.com under ‘Employment Opportunities’. They can be submitted online or mailed or hand-delivered to Human Resources, 2700 Ogden Avenue, Downers Grove, IL 60515.