Click on the link below if you haven't had the time to review Sauk Village's 2016/2017 proposed budget.
This year Sauk Village provided more opportunity for public input than any year prior. Below is the timeline since the village board started the budget process
- April 20-22, 2016 - Village board had three nights of budget review where residents were able to hear the corporate authorities review the budget with department heads and on the last night there was an opportunity for public questions and comments
- April 25, 2016 to present - Proposed budget available for public to view at the village hall, library, and village website. Public had opportunity to ask questions at village hall during business hours or submit questions or comments in writing. In addition, the proposed budget was made available for the public approximately two and half to three times longer than required.
- April 22, 2016 - Public notice set out to local newspapers
- May 14, 2016 - Public had opportunity to ask questions or comments at the Meet the Mayor event
- May 17, 2016 - Public hearing. Public had opportunity to ask questions or comments
- May 18-24, 2016 - Public has opportunity to request a meeting with Finance Director, Village Administrator or Mayor to help clear up any open questions they may have or submit questions or comments in writing
- May 24, 2016 - Schedule for approval. Public will again have an opportunity to ask questions or comments prior to the corporate authorities voting.